Saturday, October 22, 2011

Asha Bhosle Take a Place in Guinness book


Asha Bhosle the Singing legend  made it to the Guinness World Records for the most single studio recordings.

The 78-year-old has recorded up to 11,000 solos, chorus-backed and duets songs in over 20 Indian languages from 1947.

Asha Bhosle, has evergreen numbers like Tu Ab To Aaja (Caravan) Dum Maro Dum, Piya and Chura Liya Hai Tumne Jo Dil Ko (Yaadon Ki Baraat) to her credit, was conferred with the Guinness honour at the Asian awards function held in London

She is happy with the record. "Today, I truly feel I am a world recognized singer. I always knew I have a lot of number of songs to my credit, still I never said anything all this while," She said.

She thanked Vishwas Nerurkar who is music researcher for helping her get the Guinness title.

"Vishwas Nerurkar find out about all my songs and gave correct information to Guinness World Records, So I got this title," she added.

Asha will make her big screen acting with Maaee, which is all ready complete for release.

Directed by Mahesh Kodiyal, co-produced by Subhash Dawar of Alliance Entertainment and Nitin Shankar of Rythm D'vine Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.

The film also features her daughterPadmini Kolhapure.

It is the story of a woman who live with her daughter and son-in-law after being abandoned by her only son.

No comments:

Post a Comment